We love this speedy carrot and almond hummus as a dip, but it's also excellent served with grilled chicken skewers and a herb salad for a more substantial meal.
- 400 gm canned chickpeas, drained (reserve a little of the canning liquid to thin the dip if necessary)
- 300 gm (about 2) carrots, coarsely grated
- 40 gm almonds, coarsely chopped
- 40 gm hulled tahini
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Juice of 1½ lemons, or to taste
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- Dukkah, to serve
- Cucumber batons, blanched asparagus, radishes and baby fennel wedges, to serve
- 1Process chickpeas, carrot, almonds, tahini and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add lemon juice and olive oil, season generously to taste and process until smooth. Thin with a little chickpea canning liquid if necessary, scatter with dukkah and serve with vegetables. Carrot and almond hummus will keep refrigerated for up to a week.