- 500 gm dried casarecce
- 600 gm mixed mushrooms, such as oyster, king brown, Swiss brown and enoki
- 150 gm butter
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup thyme, leaves picked, plus extra to serve
- 80 gm (1 cup) finely grated pecorino
- 1Cook casarecce in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
- 2Meanwhile, thickly slice the large mushrooms, tear oyster mushrooms in half and enoki mushrooms into smaller clusters.
- 3Heat butter and olive oil in the same saucepan over medium heat. Add the large mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (5 minutes). Add garlic, thyme and remaining mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and starting to crisp (5 minutes). Remove half of the mushrooms from the pan and set aside. Add reserved cooking water, pasta and ¾ of the pecorino to the saucepan, season to taste and stir to combine.
- 4Divide casarecce among bowls. Top with reserved mushrooms, remaining pecorino and fresh thyme to serve.