- 500 gm casarecce, or other short dried pasta
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 kg zucchini, sliced into 1cm-thick rounds
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 250 gm ricotta, crumbled
- ½ cup coarsely chopped mint
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 75 gm pinenuts, roasted (½ cup)
- 50 gm finely grated parmesan plus extra, to serve
- 1Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente and drain.
- 2Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan, then cook zucchini, in batches over medium high heat, turning once, until just beginning to brown. Drain on absorbent paper. Add ¼ cup olive oil to pan, then add garlic and chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute or until garlic begins to turn golden. Add drained pasta and combine well, then add zucchini and remaining ingredients to pan, season to taste and combine well. Serve immediately, drizzled with a little extra-virgin olive oil and scattered with extra parmesan.