A quick salad of crunchy celeriac and raw mushrooms that suits the change of season perfectly. Serve it with a grilled T-bone, or on its own with crusty rye bread and good butter.
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large celeriac, peeled
- 100 gm Swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 50 gm roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- 1Whisk vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl. Thinly shred celeriac into the bowl. (The best and fastest way to do this is to use a Japanese mandoline with a comb cutter – be careful, these are sharp. Alternatively, thinly slice celeriac and cut it into matchsticks – the thinner the better.) Toss to combine, season to taste and stand for 5 minutes to allow celeriac to soften slightly.
- 2Add mushrooms to celeriac mixture and toss well. Scatter with hazelnuts and parmesan.