The inner, pale green celery stalks are perfect for this salad - save the outer stalks for stocks, juices and snacking.
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 celery hearts, stems thinly sliced, pale leaves reserved
- 1 cup (loosely packed) mint leaves, torn
- ½ cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 150 gm aged Manchego or other aged sheep's milk or cow's milk cheese, finely grated
- 1 thinly sliced spring onion
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced chives
- 1Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic in a small bowl and season to taste.
- 2Toss sliced celery and leaves with half the vinaigrette in a large bowl. Add mint, parsley, and three-quarters of the Manchego and toss gently to combine. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette, scatter with spring onion, chives and remaining Manchego, season to taste and serve.