- 1/3 cup firmly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 loaf Italian-style bread, crusts removed, cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 bunches of thick-speared asparagus, ends trimmed
- 3 balls buffalo mozzarella, coarsely torn (125gm each)
- 2 cups snowpea tendrils or rocket leaves
- 2 tbsp salted capers, rinsed, soaked in water for 15 minutes, then drained
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1Place parsley in a small bowl, cover with boiling water, drain immediately, refresh in iced water, then drain again and squeeze out excess water. Process parsley and 1/3 cup olive oil in a food processor until very finely chopped, then transfer to a small frying pan.
- 2Place bread on an oven tray, drizzle with 1½ tbsp olive oil and cook at 190C for 10 minutes or until golden. Brush asparagus lightly with a little olive oil, then char-grill or barbecue, in batches, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a large bowl, add toasted bread, mozzarella and snowpea tendrils.
- 3Add capers to oil mixture in frying pan and cook over medium heat until just sizzling, add lemon juice and chives, then remove from heat. Season to taste, then pour over salad and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am