- 500 gm scrubbed sebago potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 70 ml olive oil
- 1 flank steak, about 800gm, at room temperature
- 1 cup (firmly packed) flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers in vinegar, drained
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 185 ml olive oil (3/4 cup)
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Toss potato, garlic, lemon rind and 50ml oil in a roasting pan to combine, spread out in a thin layer and roast until golden and crisp (15-20 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, heat a char-grill pan to high. Brush steak with remaining oil, season generously to taste and grill, turning once, until browned and cooked to your liking (4-5 minutes each side for medium-rare). Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- 3While the meat rests, make the salsa verde. Process parsley, capers, anchovies and mustard in a food processor, add oil, lemon rind and juice and process to a fine purée, then season to taste.
- 4Slice meat thinly across the grain and serve with crisp potatoes and salsa verde. Finely grated rind and juice of ½ lemon, or to taste.