- 24 medium uncooked prawns (about 1kg), peeled, cleaned, tails intact
- 50 ml olive oil
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon and juice of 2
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped, plus 1 clove extra, halved, for rubbing
- 4 thick sourdough slices
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp aged red wine vinegar
- 1 kg seedless watermelon, coarsely chopped
- 180 gm Persian feta, crumbled
- ¾ cup mint (loosely packed)
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1Combine prawns, olive oil, rind, half the juice and half the chopped garlic in a bowl, season to taste and thread onto skewers.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat a char-grill pan over high heat. Brush bread slices on both sides with a little extra-virgin olive oil and char-grill, turning once, until golden (1-2 minutes each side). Rub with cut-side of garlic clove, then tear into coarse pieces and set aside.
- 3Char-grill skewers, turning once, until golden and cooked through (2-3 minutes each side).
- 4Meanwhile, combine remaining extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar, remaining garlic and remaining lemon juice in a large bowl, season to taste. Add watermelon, bread, feta, herbs and onion to dressing, season to taste, toss to combine and serve with prawn skewers.
This recipe is from the January 2011 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am