- 4 Scotch fillet steaks (about 200gm each), at room temperature
- ½ iceberg lettuce, cut into wedges
Quick pickled kohlrabi
- 400 ml white wine vinegar
- 300 gm caster sugar
- 1 purple kohlrabi, cut into julienne
- For drizzling: extra-virgin olive oil
- 100 gm crème fraîche
- 45 gm Roquefort, coarsely crumbled
- 2 tbsp good-quality mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1For quick pickled kohlrabi, combine vinegar, sugar and 100ml water in a saucepan over medium heat, stir to dissolve sugar and bring to the boil. Remove from heat, cool slightly (5 minutes), then pour over kohlrabi and set aside to cool. Drain, drizzle with olive oil, season to taste and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a char-grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook steaks, turning once, until cooked to your liking (3-5 minutes each side for medium-rare). Set aside to rest.
- 3For Roquefort dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Drizzle over iceberg wedges and serve with steaks and pickled kohlrabi.