- 4 sirloin steaks (about 200gm each), at room temperature
- For brushing: vegetable oil
- To serve: french fries and wild rocket (both optional)
- 200 gm butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp each finely chopped flat-leaf parsley and tarragon
- 2 tsp finely chopped thyme
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. For garlic butter, melt 20gm butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add garlic and shallot and stir occasionally until tender and fragrant (2-3 minutes). Remove from heat, stir in mustard and paprika, transfer to a bowl and refrigerate to cool. Beat in remaining butter, season to taste, beat in herbs and set aside.
- 2Heat a char-grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush steaks with a little oil, season to taste and char-grill, turning occasionally, until well-browned (5-6 minutes). Transfer to a baking tray and roast until cooked to your liking (3-4 minutes for medium-rare), then cover with foil and rest for 5-10 minutes. Dollop with garlic butter and serve with French fries and rocket.