- 200 gm quinoa (see note) (1 cup)
- 4 lamb backstraps (200gm each)
- 2 corn cobs, silks and husks removed
- 2 red capsicum, seeds removed, cut into 5cm batons
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, halved
- 1 cup each coriander and flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped (loosely packed)
- 2 limes, finely grated rind and juice only
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp crushed dried chilli
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1Combine quinoa and 2 cups of water in a saucepan over high heat, bring to the boil, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stand, covered, for 10 minutes
or until water has been absorbed.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat chargrill on high heat. Brush lamb and vegetables with olive oil and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook lamb for 5 minutes on each side for medium rare, or until cooked to your liking. Chargrill vegetables alongside lamb for 5 minutes or until lightly charred and tender, then chargrill lime halves, flesh-side down, for 2 minutes.
- 3For lime-chilli dressing, combine ingredients in a small bowl, season to taste with sea salt and set aside.
- 4Using a sharp knife, cut corn kernels from cobs, add to quinoa with capsicum, herbs and ¾ of the dressing. Slice lamb and serve drizzled with remaining dressing and quinoa salad and chargrilled lime to the side.
Note Quinoa is a seed native to South America. It's gluten-free, has a nutty flavour and is high in protein. Quinoa is available from health food stores.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesLamb rack with piquillo peppers, rocket and burghulYesterday 5:00am