Elevate roasted chicken with a spice rub and yoghurt sauce. Serve with a rocket salad or steamed kipfler potatoes.
- 4 garlic cloves, bruised
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 1.2 kg chicken, butterflied and boned (see note)
- 100 gm green grapes, sliced and seeds removed
- ¼ cup chopped dill, plus extra dill sprigs to serve
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 300 gm thick Greek-style yoghurt or labne
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Combine garlic, spices, mint and half the oil in a bowl. Coat chicken with spice mixture and season generously. Place chicken, skin-side up, on top of cinnamon in a roasting pan, then roast until golden and juices run clear when thickest part of flesh is pierced with a knife (25 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, for grape cacik, combine grapes, dill, lemon juice and zest and yoghurt in a serving bowl and top with dill sprigs.
- 3Transfer chicken to a board (reserve pan juices and garlic) and thickly slice. Drizzle over reserved pan juices and scatter with reserved garlic. Serve with cacik.
We recommend using free-range chicken, such as Slow Hills chicken.