- 4 small skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 bunch each white and green asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 150 gm baby beans, trimmed
- 150 gm sugarsnap peas, trimmed
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 12 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- and finely grated rind of 1 lemon, Juice
- 30 ml sherry vinegar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 baby cos, outer leaves coarsely torn, hearts quartered
- 1Bring chicken and enough warm salted water to just cover to the simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat, remove from heat and stand for 10 minutes.
- 2Blanch asparagus, beans and peas until just tender (2-3 minutes), drain, refresh in iced water, drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- 3Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add onion and stir occasionally until crisp (4-5 minutes), then remove from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper. Add anchovy, mustard and garlic to oil, remove from heat and stir to combine. Add lemon juice, rind and vinegar, season to taste and set aside.
- 4Meanwhile, poach eggs in simmering water until cooked to your liking (3-4 minutes for soft yolks), remove and blot on absorbent paper.
- 5Shred chicken, combine in a bowl with vegetables and cos, drizzle with a little anchovy dressing, toss to combine. Divide among bowls, top each with an egg, scatter with crisp onion, serve drizzled with extra dressing.
This recipe is from the January 2011 issue of .