- 4 slices ciabatta
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced, plus 1 extra clove, halved
- 400 gm chicken livers, trimmed
- 3 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp tiny salted capers, rinsed well and drained
- 90 gm green Sicilian olives, pitted (¾ cup)
- 2 tbsp rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp verjuice
- 1Brush ciabatta with olive oil and rub with extra halved clove of garlic. Heat char-grill pan, and cook ciabatta for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 2Heat olive oil in a frying pan over high heat, add remaining garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently until garlic is golden. Add chicken livers and anchovy and cook for 2-3 minutes or until livers are browned evenly, then add capers, olives and rosemary and cook for another minute or until livers are nearly cooked through.
- 3Add verjuice and stir to remove cooked pieces from the base of pan, then simmer until reduced by half, then season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spoon chicken livers on crostini, drizzle with pan juices and serve immediately.