- 150 gm toasted fregola (see note)
- 4 golden shallots, cut into thin wedges
- 100 gm butter, softened
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp coarsely torn sage
- 12 thin slices flat pancetta
- 12 chicken livers, trimmed
- 250 ml chicken stock (1 cup)
- To serve: radicchio
- For squeezing: lemons
- 1Cook toasted fregola in boiling water until tender (5-7 minutes), drain and keep warm.
- 2Cook shallots in butter in a large frying pan over high heat until tender (4-6 minutes), then add herbs and cook until fragrant (1-2 minutes). Add pancetta and fry on both sides until crisp
(2-4 minutes), then add chicken livers and turn occasionally until almost cooked (2-3 minutes). Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer, then stir in radicchio and toasted fregola, and serve dressed with lemon juice.