This simple salad is a great way to use up leftover roast or barbecued chicken.
- 400 gm green beans, trimmed
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 5 cups (loosely packed) mixed salad leaves such as frisée, watercress and torn radicchio
- ½ charcoal chicken or leftover cold roast chicken, shredded
- 40 gm tamari almonds or plain roasted, coarsely chopped
- 160 ml buttermilk
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 50 ml mild-flavoured extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heaped tbsp finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp tarragon
- 1Blanch beans until tender and bright green (2 minutes). Drain and refresh in iced water, then drain well.
- 2Combine radish, onion and vinegar in a bowl and set aside while you make the dressing.
- 3For tarragon dressing, combine ingredients in a screw-top jar, season to taste and shake well.
- 4Arrange leaves, chicken, beans, almonds and radish mixture on plates. Drizzle with dressing and serve.