- 6 plums, halved, stones removed
- 70 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 150 gm farro (see note)
- 1 barbecued chicken, coarsely shredded
- 2 punnets baby cress, trimmed
- 1 punnet baby amaranth (see note)
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely torn
- 60 gm pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons, finely grated rind of 1
- 100 gm labne
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Place plums cut-side up on an oven tray lined with baking paper, drizzle with 2 tbsp oil, season to taste, roast until tender (20 minutes) and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, cook farro in a saucepan of boiling salted water until tender (15-25 minutes). Drain well, spread on a large baking tray and set aside to cool.
- 3Combine farro, chicken, baby cress, baby amaranth, flat-leaf parsley, pistachios, lemon juice and rind, remaining oil, plums and plum roasting juices on a large serving platter, season to taste, toss gently to combine, top with labne and serve.
Note Farro is a whole-wheat grain. It's available from select grocers and health-food shops; if it's unavailable, substitute another grain, such as spelt or freekah. Baby amaranth is available from select greengrocers. If it's unavailable, substitute another baby herb.