- 6 chicken breast fillets (about 1kg)
- 2 tbsp chopped sage
- 6 thin slices prosciutto, cut in half lengthways
- 180 gm fontina, shaved with a cheese slicer into 12 slices
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 125 ml dry white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- To serve: steamed asparagus, green beans and potatoes
- 1Using a sharp knife, cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to make 2 thin fillets, then place fillets, cut side up, in a single layer over a work surface and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle chicken with sage, then place a piece of prosciutto lengthways along chicken, top with a slice of fontina, then roll up fillets, starting at narrow end and bringing in the sides slightly to form a small parcel. Tie with kitchen string as you would tie ribbon around a present.
- 2Place chicken rolls in an oiled, ovenproof dish, turn to coat with oil, then bake at 200C for 10 minutes. Turn rolls over, add wine and stock, and cook for another 10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan, cover and keep warm, then pour cooking juices into a saucepan and simmer over high heat for 2-3 minutes or until juices begin to thicken, then season to taste.
- 3Transfer chicken to plates, remove string, if desired, then spoon cooking juices over and serve immediately with steamed asparagus, green beans and potatoes.