The key to chilled soups is to ensure they're well seasoned to bring out the flavours, which are dulled by chilling. And they must be well chilled so, in the interests of speediness, here we've poured the soup into serving bowls and popped them in the freezer for 15 minutes. If you have more time, chill it in the fridge overnight.
- 2 chilled avocados, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup (firmly packed) coriander, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 2 spring onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, coarsely chopped
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 1½ tbsp olive oil or avocado oil, plus extra for drizzling
- ½ tsp smoked paprika, plus extra to serve
- 100 gm mixed cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered, depending on size
- 1Process avocado, coriander, spring onion, garlic, and chilli in a blender until smooth. Add coconut milk and two-thirds of the lime juice, season to taste and blend until very smooth. Transfer to serving bowls and place in the freezer to chill while you grill the corn.
- 2Heat a barbecue or char-grill pan to high. Drizzle corn cobs with oil, season with smoked paprika and salt to taste, and grill, turning occasionally, until charred (5-6 minutes). Slice kernels from cobs, toss in a bowl with tomatoes, olive oil and remaining lime juice, and season to taste. Divide among soup bowls, top with coriander sprigs and extra smoked paprika and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am