- 500 ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
- 500 gm carrots, coarsely chopped
- 100 gm roasted hazelnuts, plus extra, coarsely chopped, to serve
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 2 lemons, or to taste
- 1 tbsp Sherry vinegar, or to taste
- To serve: coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley and mint, and extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Process stock, carrots, hazelnuts, onion, garlic, lemon juice and vinegar in a blender until very smooth, season generously to taste and refrigerate until chilled (30 minutes).
- 2To serve, scatter with herbs and extra hazelnuts, and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.