- 2 red capsicum seeded and coarsely chopped (650gm)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp cayenne, or to taste
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 700 ml tomato passata
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 750 gm salmon or ocean trout fillet, pin-boned and cut into 1cm pieces
- 2½ tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1Process capsicum, garlic, cayenne, paprika, sugar, vinegar and half the passata in a food processor until mixture is smooth. Transfer purée to a large bowl then add remaining passata and stock and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover soup then refrigerate until chilled.
- 2Combine salmon pieces with 1/3 cup olive oil in a bowl. Divide soup among deep bowls, divide salmon mixture among bowls then drizzle with a little olive oil, if desired, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.