- 300 gm baby green beans, trimmed and halved
- 60 ml (¼ cup) vegetable oil
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 300 gm minced pork
- 60 ml each soy sauce and Shaoxing wine (¼ cup)
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp chilli bean sauce
- 90 ml chicken stock
- 3 tsp each Chinkiang or rice vinegar and sesame oil (see note)
- To serve: steamed jasmine rice
- 1Preheat oven to 250C. Toss beans and 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a bowl to combine, spread on a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast until wrinkled, tender and golden (10-12 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat, add spring onion, ginger and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant (30 seconds), then add pork and fry, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until pork is no longer pink (2-3 minutes).
- 3Combine soy sauce, Shaoxing, sugar and chilli bean sauce in a bowl, add to pork mixture and stir to combine, then add stock and simmer until sauce is reduced by half (3-4 minutes). Add beans, vinegar and sesame oil, toss to combine and serve with steamed jasmine rice, scattered with extra spring onion.
Note Chinkiang, a Chinese black rice vinegar, is available from Asian grocers.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm