- 120 gm firm ricotta
- 120 gm dark chocolate (65% cocoa solids), melted, plus extra, grated, to serve
- 50 ml pouring cream
- 3 eggs, separated, plus 1 extra eggwhite
- 40 gm caster sugar
- 20 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- To serve: vanilla ice-cream
- 180 ml pouring cream
- 100 gm dark chocolate (65% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Combine ricotta, chocolate, cream and yolks in a bowl. Whisk eggwhite and a pinch of salt in a separate bowl to soft peaks (1-2 minutes), gradually add sugar and whisk until glossy (1-2 minutes), then fold into chocolate mixture.
- 2Heat butter in a 22cm-diameter frying pan over low-medium heat, add chocolate mixture and cook until just set around the edges (2-3 minutes). Transfer to oven and bake until centre is just firm to touch (3-4 minutes).
- 3Meanwhile, for chocolate sauce, bring cream to the boil, remove from heat, add chocolate and whisk until smooth and combined. Drizzle onto pudding and serve hot topped with ice-cream dusted with finely grated chocolate.