- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 fresh chorizo, coarsely chopped
- 2 Spanish onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp each of ground coriander and dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ground chilli, or to taste
- 2 400gm cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 400gm cans chopped tomatoes
- 12 flour tortillas, warmed
- To serve: sliced avocados, coriander sprigs, lime wedges, preserved jalapeños, sour cream and tomato salsa
- 1Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan, add chorizo, onion, garlic, spices and herbs and sauté over medium-high heat until onion starts to soften (2-3 minutes). Add beans and tomatoes, stir to combine and simmer until sauce is thick (15-20 minutes), season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Spoon beans onto tortillas, top with avocado and coriander, squeeze over lime juice to taste and serve with preserved jalapeños, sour cream and tomato salsa.