- 1 cauliflower (about 1kg), trimmed and cut into florets
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon, juice of ½
- 2 dried chorizo (about 100gm each), thickly sliced
- 80 gm natural almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ small Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 3 tsp sherry vinegar
- ¾ cup each coarsely chopped mint, flat-leaf parsley and rocket
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Toss cauliflower, lemon rind and half the olive oil in a bowl to coat, then season to taste, spread on an oven tray lined with baking paper and roast, stirring occasionally, until golden brown (15-20 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add chorizo and fry, turning occasionally, until browned (2-3 minutes). Remove chorizo from pan, add almonds and garlic and sauté until just fragrant (30 seconds; be careful not to let the garlic burn). Remove from heat, add onion, lemon juice and vinegar to pan, and season to taste.
- 3Combine roast cauliflower and chorizo in a large bowl with herbs, add almond mixture, season to taste, toss to combine and serve.