- 700 gm chat potatoes, thickly sliced
- 1½ Spanish onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2 pink lady apples, cut into wedges
- 10 thyme sprigs, plus 1 tbsp extra leaves
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 chicken breasts, with winglet attached (200gm each), skin on
- 8 thin slices of speck
- 100 ml dry apple cider
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar, or to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Combine potato, onion, apple, thyme sprigs and 60ml oil in a roasting pan, season to taste and roast until starting to colour (15-20 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, season chicken to taste and scatter with thyme leaves. Wrap each chicken breast in two speck slices, place on top of potato mixture, drizzle with remaining oil. Add cider and stock to pan and roast until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender (8-10 minutes). Stir through vinegar, serve hot.
This recipe is from the April 2010 issue of .
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsWhere to eat, sleep and visit in Melbourne right nowYesterday 8:00pm