- 2 blood oranges
- 2 ruby oranges
- 2 navel oranges
- 4 black or green figs, halved
- To serve: double cream, optional
- 250 ml fruity white wine, such as riesling
- 330 gm caster sugar (1½ cups)
- ½ lemon rind, thinly peeled
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1For wine syrup, place wine, sugar, lemon rind and 1 cup water in a saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves, then bring to the boil and simmer over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until syrupy. Discard rind, stir in thyme and cool to room temperature.
- 2Using a small knife, cut rind and pith from citrus, then cut fruit into wedges and place in a large bowl. Pour wine syrup over and toss gently to combine. Divide salad among bowls and serve immediately topped with double cream, if using.
Drink Suggestion: NV Lindauer Fraise.