- 1 tbsp coconut oil (see note)
- 15 gm galangal, finely grated on a mandolin (3cm piece)
- 1 tsp each ground coriander, ground cumin and ground chilli
- 600 ml coconut milk
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, coarsely torn
- 1 lemongrass stalk (white part only), thinly sliced
- 400 gm butternut pumpkin, cut into 5cm pieces (about ½)
- 600 gm skinless barramundi fillet, cut into 10cm pieces
- 120 gm snake beans, cut into 7cm lengths
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, or to taste
- 1 tbsp soft light palm sugar, or to taste
- 1Heat coconut oil in a wok over medium-high heat, add galangal and ground spices and stir-fry until fragrant (20-30 seconds). Add coconut milk, lime leaves and lemongrass and bring to the simmer. Season to taste, add pumpkin and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add barramundi and snake beans and cook until fish is cooked through and pumpkin is tender (8-10 minutes). Transfer vegetables and fish with a slotted spoon or spider to serving bowls. Season cooking liquid with fish sauce and palm sugar to taste and spoon over fish.
- 2Combine shallot, chilli and herbs in a bowl, scatter over fish and serve with lime wedges and steamed rice.
Note Coconut oil is available from select delicatessens and supermarkets.