- 12 thin slices baguette
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 thin mild pancetta slices
- 5 baby cos, halved
- 20 gm parmesan, finely grated
- ½ tbsp capers in brine, rinsed
Warm anchovy dressing
- 2 anchovies
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Place baguette slices on a baking tray, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, season to taste and bake, turning once, until golden and crisp (3-4 minutes). Set aside.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add pancetta and cook, turning once, until crisp (2-3 minutes). Transfer to a plate lined with absorbent paper and set aside to cool, reserve pancetta fat in pan.
- 3For warm anchovy dressing, place pan used for pancetta on low heat, add anchovies and cook until broken down (1-2 minutes). Add vinegar, whisk to combine and remove from heat. Add crème fraîche and mustard, whisk to combine, whisk in extra-virgin olive oil, season to taste and set aside.
- 4Arrange cos halves on a serving platter, crumble pancetta and croûtons over, drizzle with warm anchovy dressing, scatter with parmesan and capers, season to taste with pepper and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCasarecce with pork sausage, cavolo nero and chilliYesterday 6:00am