- 1 bunch Dutch carrots, trimmed
- 12 each zucchini flowers and yellow squash
- 1 each yellow and green zucchini, halved lengthways and thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 gm couscous
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 10 gm softened butter
- 1½ tbsp honey
- 2 tsp pomegranate molasses
- ½ preserved lemon, flesh and pith removed, rind washed, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1For thyme-scented couscous, place couscous, olive oil and 1 tbsp cold water in a heatproof bowl and rub with your fingertips to combine. Add thyme, pour over 400ml boiling water, stir and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside until absorbed (15 minutes). Fluff grains with a fork, season to taste, add orange juice and butter, cover and stand until dry (10 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue or char-grill over high heat. Combine vegetables and oil in a large bowl. Season to taste, then grill, turning occasionally, in batches until golden (2-4 minutes for zucchini flowers, 5-10 minutes for other vegetables), then return to bowl.
- 3For pomegranate dressing, combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Pour over vegetables, toss to combine, and serve with couscous, scattered with mint and coriander, with harissa to the side.
This recipe is from the February 2010 issue of .