The spelt pasta gives a lovely nutty flavour to this dish. Spelt pasta is available at select grocers. If you can’t find it, substitute another long pasta.
- 400 gm long spelt pasta such as casareccia or tagliatelle
- 600 gm cooked spanner crab meat
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) finely chopped mint
- 1 long red chilli (or to taste), finely chopped
- Finely grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 100 gm coarse fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1For lemon pangrattato, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add breadcrumbs and stir occasionally until golden (3-4 minutes). Stir in lemon rind and garlic, season to taste and set aside.
- 2Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (6-8 minutes). Drain, reserving 30ml pasta water. Return to pan with pasta water, stir in remaining ingredients, season to taste and serve hot topped with lemon pangrattato.