- 1.6 kg butternut pumpkin (about 1), cut into 6cm pieces
- 9 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600 ml pouring cream, at room temperature
- To serve: crème fraîche, toasted flaked almonds, cracked pepper and crusty bread
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Combine pumpkin, onion and garlic in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil and roast until tender and caramelised (20-25 minutes).
- 2Transfer to a blender with cream and blend until smooth. Serve hot with crème fraîche, almonds, pepper and crusty bread.