This thick soup is really quick to make – almost everything is thrown into the oven together.
- 1.6 kg butternut pumpkin (about 1), cut into 6cm pieces
- 9 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 600 ml pouring cream, at room temperature
- To serve: crème fraîche, toasted flaked almonds, cracked pepper and crusty bread
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Combine pumpkin, onion and garlic in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil and roast until tender and caramelised (20-25 minutes). Transfer to a blender with cream and blend until smooth. Serve hot with crème fraîche, almonds, pepper and crusty bread.
This recipe is from the July 2011 issue of .
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am