- 250 gm mascarpone
- 1 tsp orange flower water, or to taste
- 1 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 2/3 cup honey
- 40 gm butter
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 6 oranges, peeled and cut into 1cm-thick rounds
- 100 gm plain flour (2/3 cup)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 60 gm butter, melted
- 1Place mascarpone, orange flower water, orange rind and 2 tsp of honey in a bowl and stir until smooth, then cover and refrigerate until needed.
- 2For crêpes, process flour, milk, sugar, cinnamon, egg and egg yolk in a food processor until smooth, transfer to a bowl, then stir in 40gm melted butter and stand for 15 minutes. Brush a hot 22cm non-stick frying pan with a little remaining melted butter. Pour in 2 tbsp crêpe batter, tilt to coat base of pan and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until top is set and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining butter and batter to make 8 crêpes.
- 3Meanwhile, melt butter and sugar in a large frying pan and cook over medium heat until butter starts to foam and brown. Add orange slices, in batches, and cook over high heat for 30 seconds on each side. Using a slotted spoon, remove oranges from pan, then add remaining honey and simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 4Spoon mascarpone mixture onto a quarter of each crêpe, fold in half, then in half again. Spoon oranges onto plates, top with crêpes and drizzle with honey syrup.