- 500 gm snake beans, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 cup (firmly packed) each Thai basil and coriander
- 100 gm bean sprout
- 3 spring onions, cut into julienne
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 600 gm snapper fillet, skin on, cut into 3cm-wide pieces
Soy and ginger sauce
- 60 ml (¼ cup) soy sauce
- 50 ml kecap manis
- 1 tbsp black vinegar
- 5 gm (1cm piece) ginger, cut into julienne
- 1For soy and ginger sauce, whisk ingredients in a bowl to combine, set aside.
- 2Blanch snake beans until just tender (30 seconds-1 minute), refresh, drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add herbs, bean sprouts, spring onion and chilli, toss to combine and set aside.
- 3Preheat vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 180C. Dust snapper in cornflour, shake off excess, and deep-fry in batches, turning occasionally, until golden and cooked through (3-4 minutes; be careful as hot oil will spit).
- 4Divide salad and snapper among plates, drizzle with soy and ginger sauce, scatter with toasted sesame seeds and serve with steamed jasmine rice.