- 4 pork leg steaks (600gm)
- For dusting: Plain flour, seasoned to taste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten with 1 tbsp milk
- 140 gm breadcrumbs, made from day-old bread (2 cups)
- 1 lime rind, finely grated
- 20 gm butter
- For shallow frying: olive oil
- To serve: butter or baby cos lettuce and avocado salad
Pineapple, lime and chilli mojo
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 small (about 1.2kg) Bethonga pineapple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 2 fresh long red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mint, torn
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- 1For pineapple, lime and chilli mojo, place all ingredients in a bowl, then toss gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- 2Working one at a time, place pork steaks in a plastic bag and, using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound until meat is about 5mm thick. Dust pork steaks in seasoned flour, shaking off excess, then dip in beaten egg mixture, then in combined breadcrumbs and lime rind, pressing firmly to coat. Heat butter and just enough olive oil to cover the base of a heavy-based frying pan until foaming and cook crumbed pork, in batches if necessary, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden and just cooked through, then drain on absorbent paper.
- 3Serve pork immediately, topped with pineapple, lime and chilli mojo and a butter lettuce and avocado salad to the side.
Drink Suggestion: 2004 Gramps Cabernet Merlot.