This can be served with a crisp salad or add some asparagus to the pan while you cook the whiting.
- 200 gm fresh soft fine white breadcrumbs, seasoned to taste
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 150 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 8 whiting fillets (about 55gm each)
- 2 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers in vinegar, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon, or to taste, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Place breadcrumbs and eggs in separate bowls. Heat half the butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. While it melts, dip whiting fillets first in egg, then breadcrumbs. In batches, gently place fillets in pan and cook, turning occasionally, until golden and cooked through (5-6 minutes). Drain on absorbent paper and keep warm in a low oven.
- 2For ravigote sauce, combine ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and stir. Serve spooned over whiting fillets with asparagus or salad to the side and lemon for squeezing.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsFarmer is a new cookbook raising funds for the droughtYesterday 12:00am