A fast take on the meat-loaded Cuban sandwich. Serve them with a little of the marinade on the side for extra zing.
- 180 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 60 ml lime juice (¼ cup)
- ½ cup (loosely packed) mint
- ½ cup (loosely packed) coriander, plus extra to serve
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) oregano
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- 300 gm piece boneless pork shoulder
- 8 thick slices white country bread
- Softened butter, for spreading
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 150 gm thinly shaved ham
- 2 large dill pickles, thinly sliced lengthways
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1Process juices, herbs, garlic, spices and half the oil in a food processor until smooth. Season generously to taste. Rub half the mixture over the pork and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2Heat a barbecue or grill to medium-high heat, drizzle pork with remaining oil, season to taste and grill, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through (6-8 minutes). Rest pork for 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
- 3Spread butter on one side of all bread slices and mustard on the other side of half the slices. Top the mustard side with ham, pork, pickles and cheese. Season to taste, sandwich with remaining slices butter-side up and toast in a sandwich press or large heavy-based frying pan until bread is golden brown and cheese melts (2-3 minutes). Sprinkle with extra coriander and serve with remaining mojo marinade.