Serve with sage-roasted potatoes.
- 1½ tbsp brown mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 punnets baby cucumbers, quartered lengthways
- 2 white cucumbers, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced lengthways (250gm each)
- 3 cups firmly packed watercress sprigs
- 2/3 cup firmly packed mint leaves
- 1Combine mustard seeds, vinegar, wine, sugar and 1/3 cup water in a saucepan, season to taste, then bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Add red onion and simmer for 2 minutes, remove from heat, then add Lebanese cucumber and stir to combine. Stand for 5 minutes, then using a slotted spoon transfer cucumber and onion to a bowl. Return pan to heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup, remove from heat and whisk in lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste. Cool.
- 2Combine pickled cucumber and red onion, baby and white cucumbers, watercress and mint in a large bowl with mustard seed dressing and toss to combine. Arrange in a bowl and serve immediately.