- 4 spatchcock (about 500gm each), quartered
- As required: olive oil
- ¼ cup ground cumin, combined with 1 tbsp sea salt flakes
- ¾ cup verjuice
- To serve: couscous tossed with roasted red capsicum and roasted pinenuts
Coriander and red onion salad
- 2 cups firmly packed coriander sprigs
- 2 tbsp finely chopped Spanish onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Rub spatchcock pieces with olive oil and toss with combined cumin and sea salt. Heat a non-stick frying pan and cook spatchcock over high heat until browned all over. Transfer to a large roasting pan, reserving frying pan.
- 2Add verjuice to frying pan and stir over low heat to remove any cooked pieces from base of pan. Pour verjuice around spatchcock, then roast for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove spatchcock from oven and rest in a warm place for 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, for coriander and red onion salad, combine all ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and toss gently to combine. Place spatchcock on a serving plate, pour over any pan juices, top with coriander and red onion salad and serve with couscous.