Nothing says Christmas like a chocolate cherry trifle. These individual trifles can be prepared ahead and kept in the fridge for when guests pop in.
- 200 gm dark chocolate (53% cocoa solids), finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 200 ml thickened cream
- 250 gm cherries, pitted
- ½ tbsp caster sugar
- Finely grated rind and juice of ½ orange
- 200 gm dark chocolate cake, crumbled
- 100 gm crème fraîche
- 1Stir chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until melted (2-3 minutes). Cool briefly. Whisk cream in an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add chocolate in a steady stream until combined. Divide among four 300ml serving glasses and refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
- 2Combine cherries, sugar and orange rind and juice in a bowl, stir until sugar dissolves, and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Divide cake among glasses, top with cherries and crème fraîche, and serve topped with grated chocolate.