- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) Shaoxing wine
- 2 spring onions, green ends coarsely chopped, white ends thinly sliced
- 6 thin slices ginger
- 1 free-range chicken, jointed
- 400 gm thin Shandong ramen noodles (see note)
- To taste: freshly sliced small red chillies
- To taste: soy sauce
Spring onion and ginger oil
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 20 gm (4cm piece) ginger, cut into julienne
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1Combine stock, Shaoxing wine, white of onions, ginger and chicken in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through (20 minutes).
- 2For spring onion and ginger oil, combine ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, cook noodles in boiling water until tender (4-8 minutes). Drain and transfer to bowls.
- 4Spoon chicken and broth over noodles, season to taste with chilli and soy sauce, sprinkle with green ends of onion and serve with spring onion and ginger oil to the side.
Note Shandong noodles are available from Asian grocers.