- 80 gm raspberries, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp pure icing sugar, or to taste, plus extra for dusting
- Juice of ½ orange
- 8 Dutch waffles (see note)
- To serve: shop-bought vanilla bean ice-cream
- 1Crush raspberries in a small bowl with a fork, add icing sugar and orange juice, mix to combine well and set aside.
- 2Place half the waffles on serving plates, top with a couple of scoops of ice-cream and squash slightly to flatten. Spoon crushed raspberries on top, sandwich with remaining waffles, dust tops with icing sugar and serve immediately with extra raspberries.
Note Dutch waffles, also known as stroopwafels, are available from select supermarkets and delicatessens.