- For greasing: butter
- 250 gm smoked trout (about 2 fillets), coarsely flaked
- 100 gm crème fraîche (½ cup)
- 2 tbsp each of finely chopped chives, dill and flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 8 eggs, at room temperature
- To serve: toasted baguette and lemon wedges
- 1Heat oven to 180C. Butter four 1 cup-capacity shallow ovenproof dishes and divide trout among them. Combine crème fraîche, herbs and mustard, season to taste and divide among dishes. Break 2 eggs into each dish and season to taste. Place dishes in a roasting pan and fill pan with enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of dishes and bake until eggs are cooked to your liking (10-15 minutes for soft-baked). Serve immediately with toasted baguette and lemon wedges if desired.