Broad beans are great in this mix if they're around and you have a bit more time. Crusty bread is a mighty fine thing for mopping up the juices.
- 800 gm piece of ocean trout, skinless, pin-boned
- 70 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 200 gm baby beans, trimmed
- 200 gm snow peas, trimmed
- 150 gm podded peas
- 2 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 50 ml lemon juice
- To serve: watercress sprigs and sourdough
- 1Slice ocean trout diagonally into 8 thick, even steaks. Heat 20gm butter in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat, add half the ocean trout and cook, turning once, until golden and almost cooked through (30 seconds to 1 minute each side). Set aside and keep warm; repeat with remaining trout.
- 2Blanch baby beans until just tender, adding snow peas and podded peas during the last minute of cooking (2-2½ minutes). Drain and set aside.
- 3Add shallots to frying pan and stir until just tender (2-3 minutes), then add thyme and stir to combine. Add lemon juice and remaining butter and whisk to combine, then season to taste. Spoon sauce over warm trout and vegetables, scatter with watercress and serve with sourdough.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm