- 30 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 4 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 bunches green asparagus, trimmed, cut diagonally into 6cm lengths
- 1 bunch white asparagus, peeled, thinly sliced diagonally
- 100 ml dry white wine
- ¼ cup each coarsely chopped tarragon, flat-leaf parsley and fennel fronds
- 250 gm crème fraîche, brought to room temperature
- 400 gm dried farfalle
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan, or to taste
- 1Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add shallot and garlic and sauté until tender (5 minutes). Add asparagus and wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until wine is reduced (2-4 minutes). Season to taste, remove from heat and stir through herbs and crème fraîche.
- 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (10-12 minutes), drain and reserve 1 tbsp cooking liquid.
- 3Add pasta and reserved water to asparagus mixture, stir to combine, season to taste and serve hot scattered with parmesan.