- 380 gm dried fettuccine
- 1 cup (firmly packed) kale
- 1 cup (firmly packed) basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30 gm raw almonds
- 30 gm finely grated pecorino, plus extra to serve
- 140 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, or to taste
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (6-8 minutes), drain, reserving 50ml cooking water, and return pasta to pan.
- 2Meanwhile, process kale, basil and garlic in a food processor until coarsely chopped, add almonds and pecorino, season to taste and process to combine. With the motor running, add oil in a thin steady stream until a smooth purée forms, add lemon juice and check seasoning. Toss with hot pasta, adding a little reserved cooking water if necessary, and serve hot with extra pecorino.