- 3 sensation pears, quartered, cored and placed in acidulated water
- 3 small heads each of white and red witlof, leaves separated
- 6 figs, quartered
- 12 slices of prosciutto
- 1 large pomegranate, seeds removed
- As required: extra-virgin olive oil
- 1For pomegranate vinaigrette, reserve 1/3 cup seeds, then place remaining seeds in a heavy sieve over a bowl and, using a wooden rolling pin, crush other seeds to extract as much juice as possible then discard solids. Combine pomegranate juice with an equal quantity of extra-virgin olive oil.
- 2Drain pears, then thinly slice lengthways. Alternatively lay witlof, figs, prosciutto and pears in a large shallow bowl, scatter with reserved pomegranate seeds and pour vinaigrette over. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper and serve immediately.