Figs pair well with almost any soft cheese; we've gone with ricotta whipped with mascarpone, but goat's cheese and labne would also work well. A topping of fresh honeycomb would make an extra-lush finish.
- 100 gm honey
- 3 tsp orange juice
- 3 tsp lemon juice, plus finely grated lemon rind to serve
- 6 figs, torn in half
- 1⁄4 cup (loosely packed) mint
- Coarsely chopped toasted almonds, to serve
- 400 gm firm ricotta
- 200 gm mascarpone
- 50 gm pure icing sugar, sifted
- Scraped seeds of 2 vanilla beans
- Finely grated rind of 1 orange
- 1Heat honey in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until caramelised (3-4 minutes). Remove from heat, stir in citrus juices and leave to cool.
- 2For whipped ricotta, pulse ingredients in a small food processor, scraping down sides occasionally, until thick and aerated (30 seconds to 1 minute).
- 3To serve, spread whipped ricotta on a serving platter and top with figs, honey caramel, mint, almonds and lemon rind.