This warm vinaigrette goes well with any pan-fried white fish. Serve with boiled potatoes.
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 oregano sprigs
- 4 baby snapper fillets (170gm each), skin on, pin-boned
- 75 gm (½ cup) pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) sherry vinegar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 1Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oregano and cook until crisp (30 seconds). Set aside. Fry fish in batches, skin-side down, pressing flat for the first minute, until skin is crisp (3-4 minutes). Turn and fry until just cooked (2 minutes). Remove from pan and cover with foil.
- 2Reduce heat to low. Add remaining oil to pan. Squash olives slightly using the side of a knife. Add to pan with garlic and anchovy, stirring until anchovy dissolves (1-2 minutes). Add vinegar, zest, juice and honey. Increase heat to medium and simmer until reduced slightly (1-2 minutes). Add chilli, return fish to pan, skin-side up, then spoon over dressing. Season to taste, sprinkle with oregano and serve.