- 1For chilli mayonnaise, combine ingredients in a bowl, season to taste, set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 180C. Place bacon in a single layer on an oven tray lined with baking paper and roast, turning once, until cooked to your liking (4-5 minutes for semi-crisp), then drain on absorbent paper, keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, dust oysters in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, shaking off excess in between. Heat 2cm oil in a large deep-sided frying pan over medium-high heat until shimmering, add oysters and cook, turning once, until browned (1-2 minutes), drain on absorbent paper, keep warm.
- 4To serve, spread half the bread slices with chilli mayonnaise, top with bacon, lettuce, tomato and fried oysters, season to taste, sandwich with remaining bread and serve.
This recipe is from the November 2011 issue of .
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am